I thought about colors to use. I wanted something bright and high contrasting. I decided to go with the colors from this palette from Design Seeds "Peony Palette":
I thought about using the light teal as the background..but then decided to go with the pink. I got a little carried away with the pink as you can see, and my teal was a little too dark!
I need to remember that sometimes "Less is Best" :)
I also decided to add some Stearic Acid to this batch. I wanted to have a much harder bar. I was surprised on how fast my mixture ended up tracing. I was not soaping with any milks so I went a little higher than my usual temp, high 90 degrees. The fragrance that I used which is Mango has always been a slow mover for me so I am thinking that the Stearic Acid was the culprit. I also ended up with tons of air bubbles! I made a much smaller batch than I am used to and ended up adding a air bubbles when I tried to mix in my colors.
While the colors may have be a tad too bright and dark, I do like how this swirl came out. I am thinking that next time I am not going to gel it and see if the colors play much better. I love this fragrance so this will be a batch that I keep for my personal use.
Thanks for checking out my blog!